Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgathering

Tonight at church we celebrated what we call "Thanksgathering". It is simply a time to fellowship together (with food, of course!), and a time to publicly thank God for whatever we want to. It is a wonderful time to share our blessings with each other. Here is what I said:

I have been thinking all week, trying to figure out what I wanted to say tonight. I have so much that I thank God for, too much to list. So the question has been what would God have me say here in public.

I have to say that God has done some wonderful things in my family this past year. I have seen evidence of Him working in my children and that is a blessing beyond measure. My relationship to my husband has been strengthened and I thank God for that.

But deeper than even these blessings in my family are the blessings in my own heart, the things God has taught me over this past year that affect all my relationships and all my actions. I write what God is teaching me, and as I look back over the things I have written this past year, the articles and devotionals, I am amazed at the volume of it. God has brought me so far in the last 2 years, and as I look at how far He has brought me and how much He has taught me, I cannot help but be excited about the future.

This church has played a major part in my spiritual journey, and I thank God for it. I am thankful for the preaching and teaching of the Word, for the godly council, and for the lessons on prayer. I thank God for each of you, for how He has used you to encourage and teach me. You will never know just how much God has used you to touch my heart.

So that is what I said. And I meant it. My church has become my family, and the people there have become very special to me!

No comments: