Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ephesians 1:17-18

Ephesians 1:17-18
... asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future He has promised to those He has called. I want you to realize what a rich and glorious inheritance He has given to His people.

I pray through scripture as I read it. It makes the scripture come alive in my heart. As I have been meditating on this passage, I pray it for myself, and I also pray this prayer for my family, my church, and my friends. It is not at all a rote prayer, it is a prayer that I would never have thought to pray on my own, but when I read it I found my spirit saying, "YES! Lord that is what I want for myself and my family!"

When we read the Bible we must interact with it on a deep level. It is not just words on a page, it is what God has to say to us and for us; it belongs in our hearts and minds, not just in a book.

Allow it to breath life into you!

No comments: