Monday, November 12, 2007

I've been infiltrated...

This morning I came into the living room to find my 10 year old sitting in front of a computer screen filled with pop-ups. "You have a virus, download our software now!" McAffee windows said, "Warning! This web-site is not safe!" And the internet continuously returning to the "unsafe website" that kept advertising that I had a virus.... After some digging around in my computer I found that some changes had been made at 3:41am this morning. That narrows down the first unfortunate victim of this attack to my oldest daughter. Apparently she hit a bad web site that invaded our system.

So now I have spent the better part of my day trying to follow computer instructions that I do not understand. As well as setting up a new phone (which I also do not understand). And answering the "what's for dinner?" question with an "I don't know". So basically I know nothing and I understand nothing and I have accomplished nothing. It's a good thing God's grace isn't dependant on anything I have to do or even understand fully!

I will advertise for a web site that I found, that has given me step by step instructions on how to rid my system of "malware". Great word, isn't it! Check out their site in case you ever need help..

www.majorgeeks.com

No comments: