Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Karate Class Code of Honor




What is honor?



How do we know how to act? Where does our code come from?



I Thessalonians 4:4 - each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable.
Hebrews 13:18 – we desire to live honorably in every way.


1) I promise that I will use karate only to defend others and myself.



I Peter 5:8 – Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Genesis 4:7b – But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.

2) I promise to be respectful of others.


Luke 10:27 - … Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.
Romans 13:7 – Give everyone what you owe him: …if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.


3) promise to be gentle to all I see, but also to watch everything carefully.


Matthew 10:16 – I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and innocent as doves.


No comments: