Thursday, December 4, 2008

I-Tunes and Podcasts

OK, I am so excited about what I just found, I have to share it with you all.

For some time I have been listening to podcasts, 2 Bible study podcasts in particular: R.C. Sproul and Ravi Zacharias. I have also been hearing about other free educational podcasts, and I finally sat down and searched it... and I am so excited by what I have found! University courses on languages, history, Bible study... from places like Covenant Theological Seminary and Dallas Theological Seminary. There is enough stuff here to keep me from getting bored for the rest of my life! And you don't have to have an ipod to use it (although I love my ipod shuffle, and it was refurbished and really cheap), you can use any mp3 player or your computer to listen or to burn it onto cd.

Go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/ and click on the download i-tunes button. This will become your player and your storage center for everything you listen to. When you open i-tunes on your computer, click on the i-tunes store. On the left side of that screen you will see your options for music etc. Click i-tunes U. That's all the educational stuff. On that screen you will find indexes by school or by topic. Make sure you notice if you are looking at "featured" stuff or complete lists, or you might miss something you want to hear.

I found several other lists of free educational podcasts, as I sort through them I will let you know what I find.

Enjoy, and learn something! Keep those brain cells exercised!

No comments: