Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ezra and Nehemiah

I just finished the book of Ezra and started into Nehemiah. Again, the Chronological and Background Charts of the Old Testament (Zondervan Charts) is very helpful in getting the historical setting. I have some longer thoughts developing from the end of Ezra, but I just want to mention a verse out of Ezra and one out of Nehemiah that caught my attention.

Ezra 7:28 - ... Because the hand of the Lord my God was on me, I took courage and gathered leading men from Israel to go up with me.

Nehemiah 2:8 - ... And because the gracious hand of my God was upon me, the king granted my requests.

The hand of my God upon me. What a powerful statement, and what a powerful affect that knowledge had on these 2 men. It gave them the courage to do what God wanted them to do, to face physical and political opposition that could easily have led to their deaths.

May the hand of my God be upon me, and on you!

No comments: