Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

2008 has been a tough year, and I am thankful it is almost over.
In spite of this, or maybe because of it, I have much to be thankful for.

I thank God for my church; for my pastor and my friends who have become my family.

I thank God for my children and for the evidence that He is working in their lives.

In a time characterized by unfaithful men, I thank God for a husband who loves his wife and his children and God.

I thank God for my house. It is full of chaos and clutter, books and kids, giggling teenagers and serious conversation, and the stuff of life.

I thank God for His Word, that it never changes. Books change, and computers change, record players change, and teachers change, but God’s Word will always remain the same. Sometimes it opens up and grows deeper, but then it’s More, not different.

I thank God for His Spirit that teaches me and guides me and has shown me such wonderous things.

I thank God for His forgiveness, not just for forgiving me, but for allowing me such remarkable peace and joy in forgiving others.

I look at this list, and I see that every single thing is a miracle, an act of God, and I thank Him for that too.

No comments: