Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm Finished!

This morning I finally finished reading the Bible through! Ok, so I didn't make it in a year... it was about a year and 3 months. There were a few periods of life in that time that I bogged down in. But as I say to my karate class, the key is to never give up.

I have to say that this was a great experience. Reading large chunks of scripture like that is not something I have done before, because I tend to get sucked in to the details. But the great thing about reading for an overview is that all those little pieces came together; I could see how so many things fit in the big picture.

I am anxious now to zoom in on some smaller pieces, but I also look forward to reading all the way through it in a short time again in a few years. Maybe when the kids are gone or when I "retire" I will do it every year in addition to more detailed study...

No comments: