Thursday, January 22, 2009

Intense Training

The days are here where training becomes intense. Black Belt (nidan, 2nd degree) testing looms before me and I have much work to do.

Rank really means nothing to me. The only thing I love about testing is that it gives me an excuse to train more and train harder, but I don’t care what my rank is. The training is what is important. Some days I progress, some days I plateau, some days I forget what I know. But what matters is that whatever that day has brought, I will be back the next day for more.

Actually, rank does have one important function for me... the belt around my gi reminds me that people I respect think I am worthy of it. It gives me some measure of self-confidence.

Anyway, just wanted to warn my readers that as training becomes intense other things do as well... it will be interesting to see what happens in the other parts of my life. Pray for me!

No comments: