Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

01/01/2012

Here I sit in Texas on New Year’s Day. I spent New Year’s Eve depressed, watching television and wondering about the purpose of it all. Do people really live for this? Why? The ads just sank me deeper and deeper into a pit. Being here always takes me back to a different world, a world that I left on purpose and don’t want to return to. This is not my home. But it is a part of my past and has helped shape who I am today. Being in Texas always stirs complicated emotions and memories.

This morning I forced myself into God’s Word… the end of Romans 8 is where I was scheduled to meditate. Wow, how appropriate for a time of depression! What a cure! And what a way to start out a New Year, with a reminder of God’s power, of His purpose, of His love and His sacrifice, and His plan for both now and the future.

Yes, being in Texas stirs complicated emotions and memories, it depresses me, I don’t look forward to it and am more than ready to leave no matter how short my stay; but God uses these times to teach me SO much. And this trip was no exception.

I don’t know what the New Year will bring. I am pretty happy the old one is gone and am personally hoping for something better in 2012. But no matter what, I pray that I will remember the message of Romans 8. Life is hard, but God has a plan and He is in control.

No comments: