Hey Peeps, I need some help and feedback with this one. I have been praying for my husband using Revive Our Hearts 31 Days of Praying for Your Husband list for several months, and I got to thinking about how I would like for him to pray for me... so I started on a list, using the Praying for Your Husband list as a starting point. What's below is a first draft, and I would appreciate some input on it. I am sure I have left out things, and I am sure some of this should be changed. Please give me some input on this!
1. Pray that your wife will grow spiritually and consider her accountability before the Lord. Pray that she will guard her heart by developing spiritual disciplines – Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter. 3:18; Prov. 4:23)
2. Pray that your wife’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in her life. Pray that she will be a woman of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)
3. Pray that your wife will be humble and quick to agree with God about her sin. Pray that her heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)
4. Pray that your wife will learn to submit to the Lord and to you without fear. Pray that she will learn to trust God and you.
5. Pray that your wife will guard her heart. Pray that her affections, heart and energy would be directed toward your family and your home.
6. Pray that your wife will love righteousness and hate wickedness, especially the evils of the culture. Pray that she will recognize and avoid wickedness in her own life, and if necessary, take a strong stand against evil. (Prov. 27:12; John 17:15; 1 Cor. 10:12-13)
7. Pray that your wife would seek God first, and look to Him to meet her needs rather than to her husband or children or friends.
8. Pray that God would give your wife creativity in making your house a home that is warm, inviting, and comfortable.
9. Pray that money will not become a source of discord in your family. Pray that your wife will be content with your provision for your family, not longing for what the world tells her she needs.
10. Pray that your wife will seek to understand and be what God wants her to be as a woman, a wife and a mother.
11. Pray that your wife will have a humble, teachable spirit and a servant’s heart before the Lord. Pray that she will listen to God and desire to do His will.
12. Pray that your sexual intimacy together will unite your hearts; that it will be fresh, positive, and a reflection of selfless love.
13. Pray that your wife will have a soft, inviting, tender heart; a willing embrace; an encouraging word; and a forgiving spirit.
14. Pray that your wife will tame her tongue; that she will speak words that build up you and your family and reflect a heart of love.
15. Pray that your wife will choose her friends wisely. Pray that she will develop godly relationships with other women, particularly older women.
16. Pray that your wife will choose healthy, God-honoring activities. Pray that she will not live in bondage to any questionable habits or hobbies, television or books, but that she will experience freedom in holiness as she yields to the Spirit’s control. (1 Cor. 6:12, 10:31; 2 Tim. 2:4)
17. Pray that your wife will be able to joyfully submit to your leadership. That she will encourage you and wait for you to lead and initiate. Pray that she will faithfully pray for you.
18. Pray that your wife will have an eternal perspective – living in light of eternity. Pray that she will reject materialism and temporal values and put God first in her life. (Matt. 6:33; Deut. 6:5; Eph. 5:16; Ps. 90:12)
19. Pray that your wife will seek a true friendship with you, and that you will be her best friend.
20. Pray that your wife will find joy and peace in her role as wife and mother.
21. Pray that your wife will learn how to relax in the Lord and, in her greatest times of stress, find joy and peace in her relationship with God. Pray that she will submit her schedule to the Lord.
22. Pray that your wife will practice forgiveness in your relationship and with others. Pray that she will recognize any roots of bitterness, and yield any resentment and unforgiving attitudes to the Lord. (Eph. 4:32; Heb. 12:15)
23. Pray that your wife will be a good mother. Pray that God will give her the ability, wisdom and strength to mother each child in their particular phase of life (infant, toddler, teen, adult, etc).
24. Pray that your wife will have a balanced life – that she will balance work and play. Pray that she will fear God, but also gain favor with people in every setting she is involved with.
25. Pray that your wife would be wise in managing her time, activities and service.
26. Pray that your wife will discover and live her God-given purpose. Pray that she will offer all her dreams to the Lord, and pursue only those goals that will bring God glory and count for eternity. (Jer. 29:11; 1 Cor. 10:31)
27. Pray that your wife will understand the importance of taking care of her body – the temple of the Holy Spirit – for the glory of God. Pray that she will have opportunities to practice self-control by making wise food choices, and get sufficient exercise to stay healthy. Pray that she will have physical strength each day and be able to rest each night. (Rom. 12:1-2; 1 Cor. 6:19-20, 9:27)
28. Pray that your wife will be a woman of prayer. Pray that she will seek and pursue God in purposeful quiet times. (I Thess. 5:17; Luke 22:46; James 5:16)
30. Pray that your wife will serve God and others with pure motives. Pray that she will obey the Lord from her heart, and glorify Him in everything. (1 Cor. 10:13; John 7:17-18; Col. 3:23-24)
31. Pray that your wife will recognize the lies of the Enemy in her life. Pray that her attitudes and actions will be guided by the truth as she brings her thoughts into captivity to the Word of God. (John 8:44; 2 Cor. 10:4-5)