Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Year goals

Every year I put a lot of thought into my Bible reading goals. In 2011, most daysI listened to a Psalm, a chapter of Romans, and thru the Bible. I don't think I will quite get thru the whole Bible by the end of December, but I will be close. I spent a lot of time in Romans: reading, listening, listening to sermons, reading commentaries. But I want to memorize the whole thing eventually, and I am not very far in that endeavor.

For 2012 I thought I would study the book of John. I think I will, but also I want to continue in Romans. And I want to read more, as well as continue listening thru the Bible while I drive and clean house (which I need to do a lot more of). So I am in a quandry - so much to study and read, so little time. There is also Greek, and other Biblical topics... Anyway, I have a few more days to think about it.

If you are trying to figure out your Bible reading for 2012, here are some great plans all laid out for you:

http://www.ligonier.org/blog/bible-reading-plans-2012/

If you have not thought about a plan or a goal, I strongly suggest you consider it. Be intentional in your Bible study!

No comments: