Sunday, October 10, 2010

True Woman 2010 - Indianapolis

I couple of weeks ago, on a Wednesday afternoon, I got an e-mail from a friend inviting me to go to the True Woman Conference in Indianapolis. The ticket, hotel and transportation were paid for. The trick was, they were leaving that very evening. I sat reading the e-mail in disbelief. I thought through the schedule for the next few days. Impossible. I work, home-school two kids, get those same kids to various activities, teach karate. I can’t keep up with all the stuff I have to do, how can I be ready to leave in a few hours and be gone for four days? How can I take off the two main work days of my week? I called my husband and laid it all out for him. He said if I wanted to go I should ask to get off work and get someone to cover my class. He would take care of everything else. I made phone calls and one by one each obstacle disappeared. It was disconcerting that both my boss and the young black belt I asked to teach for me told me I should go because I have obviously been stressed lately and needed a break. Do I have that printed on my forehead? It all came together. I called and had one of my kids do my laundry. I got home at 8pm, ate, packed, wrote out instructions for stuff that had to be done, left home at 8:30 and arrived at my friend’s house at 9:00. Then I found myself sitting in a van headed for Indy with three other ladies. It was more than a little unreal. This trip was so far out of the realm of possibility for me that I would not have even dreamed of praying for it.

The trip was wonderful. The company was great, the speakers were great, the music was great... you should have heard 6000 women singing praises to God! I came home encouraged and filled and fed and ready to tackle life once again. I am now going back through my notes, and I thought that over the coming weeks I'd post some random comments that I wrote down during that weekend.

I encourage you to go to a True Woman Conference if you ever get a chance. It was a tremendous blessing to me!

No comments: