Saturday, July 11, 2009

IT IS

It’s not the knowledge of scripture –
It is the will to do it.

It’s not the obedience of the hands –
It is the attitude of the heart.

It’s not the people I know, depend on, love, need –
It is God.

It’s not talk about God –
It is talk with God.

It’s not asking God for what I want –
It is asking God for what He wants.

It’s not about what I can or cannot do or be –
It is about what God does in me, with me, through me.

It’s not about knowing myself –
It is about knowing God.

It’s not about knowledge for the sake of knowing, or satisfying curiosity –
It is about knowledge to know Him better, love Him better, serve Him better.

It’s not knowing about God –
It is knowing God.


©Rebecca A Givens, 06/29/09

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Thank you, Becky. I appreciate your honesty. I'm printing off "It Is" and putting it where I can see it.

becky said...

Thanks for reading, and commenting. I have gotten a lot of response from this one. And it was something that I just wrote as it came to mind... Glad to know God uses what He is teaching me for someone else too!