Friday, May 2, 2008

Psalm 73

“When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you. Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:21-26

How often I get so overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by the list of things I must do; overwhelmed with my concerns over the future; overwhelmed by problems and lack of money; overwhelmed by grief and loss. Sometimes overwhelmed by hormones. In those periods of time when my emotions engulf me I become senseless and ignorant and I cannot see the big picture, I cannot see the end of the struggle. But even then, God is holding my hand… my right hand, which is the symbol of my strength and power. He is hanging on to me, and at some point His Word, spoken by a friend or read in Scripture, will penetrate the fog I am in and I will once again see Him standing there, and remember that I know the end of the story; God wins, and God loves me, and I will spend eternity with Him. AMEN!

No comments: