Friday, May 23, 2008

David and sin

Today I read about David toward the end of his life. He sinned (again, he is like us after all), and God judged the entire nation. 70,000 men died in a plague - it was an angel with a sword striking them down. It started me thinking about sin in the life of a leader, or a pastor, or a teacher, or a parent... if anyone is following you, officially or unofficially, your sin is going to affect them. Your sin has consequences far beyond your own life. People immitate their leaders, children immitate their parents - in good ways and bad ways. And here on earth innocent victims often pay the price for the sin of the guilty. Kind of makes me stop and think about the sin that I allow to creep into my own life. Do I really want my children and my students to be hurt by my sin?

No comments: