Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ray Boltz - another celebrity falls

With a sinking feeling in my gut, I read the article about Ray Boltz being gay a few days ago. I have long loved his music. (Even those of you who don't recognize his name would recognize his music, Thank you for giving to the Lord...) Here is the actual article that started the whole fuss if you want to read it: http://www.washingtonblade.com/2008/9-12/arts/feature/13258.cfm (The Washington Blade is a gay magazine.)

The article ends with the following quote: “This is what it really comes down to,” he says. “If this is the way God made me, then this is the way I’m going to live. It’s not like God made me this way and he’ll send me to hell if I am who he created me to be … I really feel closer to God because I no longer hate myself.”

What is sad is not that he has struggled with homosexuality his whole life. The gay lifestyle is perhaps no worse a sin than any other sin, although it's consequences do seem to be worse. And there is the Sodom and Gomorah incident in the Bible. But all that aside, I cannot fault him for struggling with homosexuality. What is so sad about this is that he has stopped struggling with it. He implies that he has found peace and feels closer to God, but the reality is that he has not made peace with God, he has made peace with his own sin nature. He no longer hates his own sin, he has embraced it.

A church that encourages its congregation to continue a sinful lifestyle, a lifestyle contrary to scripture, the Word of God... it makes me want to weep for those people.

Jeremiah 2:25 ... But you said, "It's no use! I love foreign gods and I must go after them."

No comments: