Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jeremiah

ok, I am very behind in my Bible reading; but I refuse to give up. I will still finish reading the whole Bible through sometime in February, and I am good with that.

I am reading through Jeremiah now... it is a bit depressing. God is pronouncing judgement on Judah because they are worshipping other gods. Even the priests, who are supposed to be set apart for God, are doing evil. Read what God says in Jer 8:8 - How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? The teachers of the law claimed to follow God, but in reality they led the people astray. verse 11 says, They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. "Pease, peace, they say, when there is no peace."

I can't help but compare that to the modern church of today. So many churches have compromised the Word of God. They want to make people feel good so they don't preach about sin. They want people to feel loved so they don't condemn sinful behavior. This does not please God! Preach sin, preach against sinful behavior, so that you can then show the love of God and teach people to live to please Him because they love Him.

Jeremiah 9:23-24 - This is what the Lord says: "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strenth or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in those I delight," declares the Lord.

Preachers and large churches take note. Your wisdom, strength, riches, and numbers are not what make God happy. Teaching your congregation to understand and know The Just and Righteous and Kind Lord Of All is what gives Him delight.

No comments: