Friday, March 21, 2008

Thoughts from today's Scripture - Deuteronomy

As I read today, these are some of the verses that stood out to me.

Deuteronomy 30:11-14
Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach... No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.
Living the Christian life is do-able.

Deut 30:8
The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
I don't have to be afraid because God will never leave me. Oh yeah, and don't get discouraged either.

Deut 31:19-21
... they will turn to other gods and worship them, rejecting me and breaking my covenant... I know what they are disposed to do, even before I bring them into the land I promised them on oath.
God knows that I am disposed toward sin; yet He loves me anyway. He saved me with full knowledge that I would continue to sin.

No comments: