Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sun Rise


The sun rose behind the trees this morning, as it does every day.  But today it appeared in the middle of the trees – not peeking out between them, but shining so brightly it was blinding.  As I sat reading my Bible it suddenly shown directly in my face through the window.  I felt like a huge spotlight was turned on in my eyes, and I was the only person in the world seeing that sun.  If I had been an inch to either side it would have been obscured by trees, but in that precise spot it was brilliant.

That is the way of life some days.  You are in exactly the right place at exactly the right time, doing the right thing, and a blinding revelation hits you in the face.  A moment that takes your breath away.

I was reminded of the blazing brilliance of the holiness of God, so beautiful you can’t look at it.  I was reminded that His compassion is new every morning.  I was reminded that just as the sun shines all the time, whether I see it or not, God loves me all the time whether I see it or not.  I was reminded of the hope of a new day, the hope of God, the hope of Heaven, the hope that arises out of a sovereign, holy God who loves me, who chose me and saved me and will never leave me.  Whether I see Him or not, He is always there.

And then I read this:
“For in His anger is (but) a moment,
in His favor a life,
in the evening, weeping may come in to pass the night;
but with the morning (there is) a shout of joy.”
Psalm 30, Perowne Commentary on Psalms

And I realized that’s what I saw.  That surprising sunrise so brilliant I couldn’t look at it was God shouting for joy over His creation, over a new day, even over me.

Good Morning!
 

©Rebecca A Givens, 03/11/14

2 comments:

Becky Givens said...

Hello Becky, It seems God is talking to more than one Becky Givens, your blog is very interesting. My Husband and I will follow your blog to see how God guides you. Please check out our new project "liveGodsBest.com", maybe we can colaborate on something in the future. May your day go as God desires, so he can Bless you in everything you do.

Becky Givens said...

Ha, 2 of us is a scary thought! I will keep up with you as well. And yes, my day as God desires... God's plan always seems to be more difficult than my plan, but infinitely better. Thanks for reading and commenting!