Sunday, October 16, 2011

Romans resources

I thought it might be appropriate to begin with some good Romans resources that I used:



  • Of course, various translations: NIV, NAS, ESV, and the classic KJ

  • Go Bible audio. When mine wears out, or when I get a decent ipod, I am going to get Max McLean.

  • RC Sproul's sermons on Romans which are wonderful, and free!

  • I started reading Barnhouse on Romans. This is 4 volumes and a very long term project. It contains fabulous illustrations, and I think if I was teaching a long series on Romans I would use it a lot. Time being what it is, I felt the need to move on to something else.

  • I would also love to listen to John Piper's sermons on Romans, but I am simply running out of time. Sometime soon I will have to spend another year in Romans.

  • I am currently reading John Calvin's Commentary on Romans. Don't believe what you hear about Calvin being hard. This is very straightforward, passage by passage thoughts. I love the way he puts words together. And since it is public domain, it is free also.

No comments: