Friday, May 27, 2011

Biblical Manhood and Womanhood

"At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man's differing relationships."

"At the heart of mature feminity is a freeing disposition to affirm, receive and nurture strength and leadership from worthy men in ways appropriate to a woman's differing relationships."


John Piper, What's the Difference? Manhood and womanhood defined according to the Bible

What a great little book this is! I found it at 2nd and Charles when I accidentally went in there a couple of days ago. The motorcycle suddenly cut across 3 lanes (empty) to turn left into the parking lot. Anyway, at the back of the book is a 15 point challenge for men and women, which I am going to print off and keep with my prayer list, as things to pray for myself, my husband, my kids, their future spouses, and my church. You can find the Challenge to Women here. I can't find the changes he put in the book for a Challenge to Men... I will either find it online or type it out this weekend.

No comments: