Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, ok, so today is Jan 4, not New Year's Day. But it is the first opportunity I have had to sit and write. My mind has been a blank for weeks, and now that work and class start back up I suddenly have bits of ideas floating around all over the place... pray that I have time and inspiration to pull together some of those ideas!

I am NOT a big believer in New Year's Resolutions, but I am a huge fan of new beginnings. I love a new year, a new month, a new week, a new day. I like change. I like the thought of another chance to get something right. I like to plan. So for the past month I have evaluated 2009, and thought a lot about 2010.

As I start out this new year, I do have some plans and some goals. I got a Go Bible for Christmas from my kids (very cool that they know me that well!) and I plan to listen all the way through the Bible at least once this year. At the rate I am going it will not be difficult. And I will continue to work my way through Covenant Seminary's podcast courses. As always, I plan to train more. The last 6 months I have been sitting and I am anxious to work out again. These plans are not a surprise or a drastic change for me; they are very much just living out who I am already.

As far as writing or character traits (be a better wife, mother, friend) or losing weight or getting in shape... well, yeah, I think about those things. But for me, those things arise out of who I am inside. Rather than try to make some objective goal out of them, I think I will just work on who God is and who I am, and trust that God will bring about some results.

No comments: